My name is Mateja Vukojevic. And I am a student, athlete, coach.
How long have you been doing your sport? - 7 Years +
What are some of your biggest accomplishments?
- 2014 / 2015 - Youth D Overall Ontario Champion (Boulder & Lead) I enjoyed 10 straight competition wins that season.
- 2015 / 2016 - 6th place C Girls Canadian Youth Boulder Nationals
- 2015 / 2016 - 21st C Girls Canadian Youth Difficulty Nationals (that was a very difficult competition due to severe illness)
- 2016 / 2017- 2nd Overall Youth C girls Ontario Climbing Federation (Boulder & Lead)
- 2016 / 2017 - 3rd Canadian, C Girls Youth Bouldering Canadian Nationals
- 2016 / 2017 - 6th Youth C Girls Youth Difficulty Nationals
- 2017 / 2018 - 2nd Overall Youth B Girls Ontario Climbing Federation
- 2017 / 2018 - 2nd Youth Bouldering Nationals
- 2017 / 2018 - 2nd Canadian, Youth Difficulty Nationals
Any other notable competition results?
- 2018 - Tour De Bloc - Grand River Rocks, 3rd place finish - Open Women's Division
- 2018 - Tour De Bloc - Up the Bloc, 4th place finish Open Women's Division
- 2018 - Tour de Bloc - Climbers Rock - 8th place finish, Open Women's Division
My first interview with Tyler Norton of Plastic Weekly after the qualifying round at Bloc Buster
- 2017 Bloc Shop Open - Citizens Comp division - 3rd place finish
What's other sports or activities do you participate in? At school, I am on both the swim and track teams.
I also practice slack lining. I find it supplements all my sports very well developing balance and core strength, and I really enjoy it :) I just need to spend time getting better at it.
photo cred: Roham Abtahi
I also train in Jui Jitsu, and on occasion compete in tournaments. Its difficult to compete in both climbing and Jui Jitsu because the seasons overlap and a lot of the competitions are on the same weekends.
Additionally I also train in Muay Thai.
I have recently begun to coach at my home gym Gravity. I am an assistant coach to the younger krushers enrolled in the gyms programs and I also work as a belayer for parties. I also test and review climbing gear for my parents climbing store, as well as prepare customer orders for shipment.